[ODE] Re: Convex collision (was: New tri_tri_intersect)

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Sun Feb 29 18:50:19 MST 2004

> This has probably been suggested... but see if I got
> something here..
>
> Lets say you have two triangles intersecting. do the
> following:
> 1. start "spreading around" from the two traingles
> into the triangles which are directly linked to them.
> 2. if the attached triangles are on the "other side"
> of the other mesh. if not - goto 1
> 3. if 2 is true, you just found your contact point,
> and used only the intersecting triangles (and their
> brothers)

That's one possible (approximate) solution. But it needs at least triangle
adjacency information (which opcode/tricollider doesn't have/calculate now).
Well, adjacency isn't big deal and probably would be good in other colliders
(eg. trimesh-box) as well.

This doesn't solve penetration depth though...

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/