[ODE] ODE GUI Editor #2...

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Sat Feb 28 10:45:52 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 03:32, Steve Baker wrote:
> I don't see how a binary format is easier to use.  If a loader is provided
> with ODE - then whether the file is binary or ASCII, the API to load it
> should be the same.

Personally I am against having any loader with ODE.  I view ode much
like OpenGL - a low level C API which you can either use raw, or some
higher level API to extend it.  Just like geometry loaders for OpenGL
belong in the high level layer, so should any type of ODE loader (hence
why I am also against using C code as the model format).

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 20:35, Aras Pranckevicius wrote:
> However, I think that all this loading/setup stuff should not go into
> ODE "core" - it's too application specific. A "helper library" would be cool
> though.

Agreed, perhaps a sample loader could be included under the contrib
section but definitely not in the core.

Cheers,

Will.