[ODE] reply-to on mailing list

Ed Jones ed.jones at oracle.com
Fri Feb 27 11:29:16 MST 2004

This has been discussed many times before in much the same way as OpenGL
vs D3D, Linux vs Windows, XML vs Binary and Oranges vs Bananas. There
are many articles on the web debating the relative merits of
reply-to-list and reply-to-individual, one of the possible upshots being
that reply-to individual gives you more choice; click Reply-All to send
it to the list, click Reply to send it to the individual, if the server
defaults to reply-to-list then that choice is taken away.

Basically; the list is set up as it is, and has been for years. My mail
client has a "Reply-All" button and it's not a huge problem for me to
find it (if I want to) when I'm replying to ODE mails. It's next to the
"Reply" button.

;-)