[ODE] HELP, ragdolls and joint limits????

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Thu Feb 26 08:29:09 MST 2004

arcad wrote:

> Hello ode,
>
> Explain... If boot for instance leg of the personage,

Boot may have a mass or moment of inertia that's too small.

> which presents itself two capsules united UniversalJoint,
> that she bends on much greater angle than that which is given dParamLoStop and dParamHiStop.
> And like tries somehow to return on place, but much weakly.

Try setting the FMax higher.  And while you're at it, try a smaller
timestep.

> In this connection beside me question, possible do these limits hard?

Not exactly.  It can be as "hard" as a contact.  As you know, an object
will sink into the ground a little before being pushed out.  If you make
FMax = infinity, that's what you'll get from the joint.

- Martin