[ODE] GUI Editor, to XML or not?

Mike Wuetherick mike at gekidodesigns.com
Thu Feb 26 02:18:06 MST 2004

i don't see needing something like this for an engine for run-time, just
for a tool for the developers to create the physical models of the game
objects, which would get written to a game-specific binary (or
compressed) format of some kind.

while we may want to change parameters, etc for testing, having a
seperate tool for this will be somewhat necessary - which in turn is all
that i was thinking of for this specific tool (and is all that the
current offerings provide i believe).

if you want a complete 'simulation' tool to mock up your game world, you
are better off with a full 3d modeling package (or prototyping package)
likely.

just my 2 bits
mike w
www.gekidodesigns.com