[ODE] GUI Editor, to XML or not?

Frederic Marmond fmarmond at eprocess.fr
Thu Feb 26 10:47:27 MST 2004

I do agree that XML is very open and so on...
But:
- to introduce a big overhead in file size
- load/save time may be long (parser)

So, It would be nice to have a XML<->binary converter.
I mean:
In a simulation, you may have lot of objects that all contains their own
physics data -> a lot of XML code.
When you have designed it (using XML), you may convert xml files into
binary ones.
Then, you use it (runtime performances will be greater...)
And if you want to re-change some parameters, you can come back to XML
by converting bin->xml files.

That was just my comment... ;)

Fred