[ODE] ODE on Linux IA-64?

Gerhard Wesp gwesp at cosy.sbg.ac.at
Thu Feb 26 08:35:25 MST 2004

> pointers (and thus has a chance of working on segmented memory, too). These
> types are ALWAYS the right choice on each platform, so you don't need to #if
> anything.

Did I miss something?  I see no reason why one would want to cast
between pointers and integers.  IIRC, the *only* guarantee C++ gives you
wrt. pointer casting is that

reinterpret_cast< T* >( reinterpret_cast< void* >( p ) ) == p

if p is a T*.  For everything else, you're on your own...

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Regards,
-Gerhard
--
Gerhard Wesp             o o           Tel.: +41 (0) 43 5347636
Bachtobelstrasse 56       |       http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~gwesp/