[ODE] New ODE GUI Editor available : ezphysics.org

Limor Schweitzer limor666 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 04:56:41 MST 2004

Thanks!

The XML format is pretty straightforward. Check out at the *.sim files which
are XML and look for "<SimNode..>". these are related to the tree nodes you
see in the editor. So it should be straightforward to extract the geometry
information for other physics engines.

That said, I think that in order to make EZPhysics most useful, it should
eventually support multiple physics libraries and multiple graphics engines.

There may be common denominators between the way ODE, TokaMak, Novodex and
Havok represent the real world. When I'll actually get to port from ODE to
other engines, i'll try to get the file format to make sense for all
possible engines. Now that I think of it, this will eventually lead to the
'EZphysics benchmarks' that will seriously stirr up competition in this
middleware sub-market and entice game companies to incorporate more physics
simulation. Eventually Microsoft will claim that they invented computer
physics and call their "open API" - DirectPhysics (to be part of DirectX-10)
and ATI will incorporate "native skinned mesh collision detection" hardware
support into their next generation Radeon RV700 chips...
OK, i'll go have some tea now.

:)

Limor