[ODE] ODE on Linux IA-64?

Artur Matos amatos at create.human.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Wed Feb 25 11:02:30 MST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:48:36 +0100
Michael Lacher <michael.lacher at hlw.co.at> wrote:

> I guess this is due to the fact that pointers on 64bit architectures are
> 64 bit wide ? This means that all cases were pointers are cast to 32bit
> integers (for user data in callbacks, etc ...) need to be checked (as is
> done in the dALLOCA16 macro.

Yes, I also guess that should be the problem. Unfortunately, I am not knowledgeable about ODE internals, so I would prefer not to change the code without some guidance. Also, currently the ALLOCA macros are being refactored, so maybe this will not be an issue in the next release. Maybe I should try to contact the programmer working on them?

Artur Matos.