[ODE] reply on mesh mesh contact

Sergey Kurdakov serge at sat-sim.org
Sat Feb 21 14:49:57 MST 2004

Hello Nguen

>         I don't know would we have a robust mesh mesh contact even if we
>         go through all those papers. (So sad!)

I do not know either ;)

one more idea is that for non deformable meshes it seems possible to use
approx depth intersections basing on boxes overlaps ( so to llok how deep two bounding volumes intersect..not just mesh..)
maybe extending things like
see http://web.informatik.uni-bonn.de/II/ag-klein/people/zach/papers/vrst02_boxtree.pdf could be of use .

( also I had idea to intersect two octrees - ie split objects on octrees then intersect them  getting info on how deep two octree
volumes intersect each other... -maybe not good idea but anyway .. so instead of looking for depths on two meshes to search to depth
intersection of bounding volumes... maybe it could be 'coarse' but maybe will prove to work fine for gaming worlds ( maybe even some
refine of  estimation of dephs could be performed...)

Regards
Serge