[ODE] Stack Overflow makes me crazy

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Thu Feb 5 18:23:28 MST 2004

Lukas Henschke wrote:
> I am working with ode for quite a while now but there is one situation I
> keep stumbling about over and over. I get a stack overflow and don´t know
> why. It happens in different situations but to give you an idea this were my
> settings when it last occured:

The default step function is amazingly stack-hungry when
a non-small island's joints/contacts have to be resolved.
Additionally if you're on win32 then the default app stack
size tends to be pretty small (this can usually be changed
by twiddling with your linker options).

Try using stepfast, which consumes much less stack space
with more complex islands.  And/or vastly increase your
app's stack size.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
"At this point the rocket becomes engorged with astronauts."