[ODE] Joints

Anders Backman andersb at cs.umu.se
Tue Feb 3 08:02:48 MST 2004

Hi.

A few questions:

1. What about a 6DOF joint in ODE?
A joint that removes all 6 DOF:s from the attached objects so that when the
position/orientation of the joint is altered the relative
position/orientation of two objects are fixed. For example if I would like
to control an object via a 6DOF motion sensor... I remember earlier on the
list something about making a force constraint kind with almost the same
functionality, but Im not sure about the orientation in an implementation
like that.

2. Also, is possible to have kinematic objects in ODE? Objects where you can
set the position/orientation but they still be valid in the simulation
sense...

3. TriMesh - TriMesh, is that available as a contact generation collision
using OPCODE?

Thanks!

/A