[ODE] ODE in an Augmented Reality demo

Emmanuel Marin emarin at t-immersion.com
Mon Feb 2 18:55:49 MST 2004

> From: "DjArcas" <djarcas at hotmail.com>
> That's fantastic!
>
> Is that real time?

Yes, although I agree this rough demo doesn't prove much :-)

Well, do you see the "ghostly" grey cube at the bottom
right of the image ? That's the place where we put the
basis of our Polhemus motion sensor. So, expect also
"soon" a video in which someone will have the Hummer in
his hand (thanks to a Polhemus sensor hidden in it) and
in which he will drop the Hummer on the table - with
ODE in action for the bounces... - before starting
to play with it.

This is no vaporware, we've already done it, we've already
also made ODE collisions between the virtual car and a handheld
virtual object, etc.. The commas around the word "soon" are
more about the time we'll take before deciding to do neat
videos. You know, here at the company, the "fun factor" has
already a bit disappeared after hours of play :-)