[ODE] Collision impact force

Bob Dowland Bob.Dowland at blue52.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 17:33:00 MST 2004

Sure thing! Although sadly I'm not likely to be trying in the very short term - I was just interested in hearing why you made that choice. I wouldn't have gone for pen depth because it's more of an artefact than a physical thing (as already mentioned). On the other hand, while using magnitude of impulse due to impact/friction seems like the obvious choice (in theory) it no doubt comes with an associated set of hassles.

There was a thread going not so long ago which threw up some interesting refs  and analogues with fracture/breaking effects - I can dig it out if you're interested and/or missed it. Although those were more on the synthesis side rather than just volume control.

Bob.