[ODE] Using ODE in Doom 3

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Tue Dec 14 13:32:31 MST 2004

In my opinion, yes, it's feasible.  Doom 3's physics subsystem was pretty
unexceptional.  While playing the game, I remember thinking that there was
absolutely nothing going on that ODE couldn't handle.

It'll take some heavy-duty tweaking, though.  By the time you get ODE
working in Doom 3, your statement about not having much experience with
physics and game development will no longer be true. :-)

-- jm