[ODE] Re: dSpaceCollide2 - quadspace vs hashspace bug

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Mon Dec 13 22:16:56 MST 2004

Jon Watte wrote:
> Does the ODE abstraction really allow you to test for
> specific implementations inside dSpaceCollide2()? At first
> glance, this seems like it would break abstraction. I think
> the "real" solution is making sure that the QuadTree does
> the right thing.

I agree there... sometimes I like symptomatic fixes as much as the
next guy :) but if dSpaceCollide2() is failing for this reason
then that indicates (though I haven't tried) that dSpaceGetGeom()
is also not going to work, which basically means that a quadtree
space doesn't actually implement the *public* interface for spaces
let alone some private details, and thus the correct fix becomes
rather more important than it would otherwise be.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3