[ODE] Inverse Kinematics

Proyecto de Grado - Construcción de Robots Bípedos pgrobip at fing.edu.uy
Fri Dec 10 23:36:05 MST 2004

Hello,

    We are using ODE for IK. We are working on a biped robot for our degree
thesis and we also have a walking biped simulated with ODE. What we do when
we want to know angles for a specific foot position/rotation is adding a
fixed joint between the trunk and the world and another fixed joint between
each foot and the world. We then destroy the joint for one foot and move it
a little, create the joint again and then let the simulation adjust to it.
Something important is puting a stop to the knee so it doesn't extend
completely, this trick is used with other IK programs too, it helps the
program to find out what to do. I hope it helps...

Regards,
    Damián Lezama
    Construcción de Robots Bípedos: www.fing.edu.uy/~pgrobip