[ODE] FDir1 and Slip for car wheels

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Tue Dec 7 19:27:17 MST 2004

On 08-Dec-2004 Arturo Colorado Garín wrote:
>>Sway bars -- when the left strut compresses, add a compression force on
>>the right strut, and a corresponding de-compression force on the left
>>strut.
>
> This is not too real, is it? I would like to stick to reality as much as
> possible. However it sounds like it helps a lot in stabilizing the car so
> I'll probably give it a try.

Usually they are called anti-sway bars, aren't they?  Most sports/performance
cars are equipped with them.  It's generally a U bent tube that connects the
two front A arms together, and is connected to the frame.

---
Tim Rightnour <root at garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/