[ODE] Ray / Sphere test problem

Eike Decker zet at cube3d.de
Wed Dec 1 19:36:38 MST 2004

Hi

I want to make a ray test, but this is somehow not working. My ray seems to
intersects with spheres that are impossible to intersect with the ray. I read
out the sphere radius of my interesection and it is correct, but the hitpoint I
am getting is much too far away from it to be the real hitpoint. This error
always occures, no matter if I am using dCollide(geom,space...) or
dCollide(geom,otherGeom...). Of course I could discard such hits easily by
checking the distance but this will discard any spheretest...
The error does not occure when I use a ccylinder instead of the ray, but this
one lacks the needed accuracy.

I am using the official single precision DLL Build.

I couldn't find any subject relating to this, but I am a poor googler, so please
forgive me if this topic was discussed earlier.

Anyway- am I doing something wrong? The ray intersects perfectly with any other
object in my scene (I am currently using trimeshes and ccylinders). The rest of
ODE is working as expected, too (cars & collision with
boxes/spheres/ccylinders/trimeshes) works fine.

Eike