[ODE] dCylinder2 bug with low Max Contacts

Russ arrellr at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 12:59:19 MST 2004

In the contrib package dCylinder2 there is a bug
collision_util.h.  If in the NearCallback function you
set the max number of contacts to a low number (I was
using 8) it will hit this assert in collision_util.h:

inline dContactGeom* SAFECONTACT(int Flags,
dContactGeom* Contacts, int Index, int Stride){
	dIASSERT(Index >= 0 && Index < (Flags & 0x0ffff));
	return ((dContactGeom*)(((char*)Contacts) + (Index *
Stride)));
}

I was seeing the problem when the cylinder was
colliding with a trimesh.  I don't have the time right
now to dig into and find the source of the problem, I
just thought I'd let you guys know.

Russ

=====
Russ