[ODE] C++, ODE, drawstuff

Nguyen Binh ngbinh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 23:26:28 MST 2004

Hi John!

IMHO, No one had tried to play more with with ODE's drawstuff. It's
just sort of minimal play ground for ODE so if you *seriously* need an
eye-candy demo of ODE, just don't use DrawStuff.

I'd suggest you use OGRE along with OgreODE wrapper made by Ed Jones
(shout in this list and he might pop out :) ). A side note, OgreODE
has some ported ODE demos and you might see how easy it would be.

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:46:33 -0400, John Rieffel
<jrieffel at eos.cs.brandeis.edu> wrote:

> I know that c++ wrappers have been written for ODE, but has anyone
> written a C++ friendly version of drawstuff?  Right now, of course, the
> whole dsSimulationLoop mess, in which you pass a pointer to your local
> simLoop function, doesn't play friendly with c++ object methods, for
> obvious reasons.
>
> (The best solution of course is to rewrite the elements of drawstuff
> on my own, but I'd rather not repeat someone else's work)
>
> The archives don't seem to carry any mention of anyone else trying this.

Nguyen Binh
www.glassegg.com