[ODE] dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple and dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle

Duncan Frostick duncanf at f2s.com
Sat Aug 28 00:01:29 MST 2004

Hi all,

I fixed my problem with the vertex buffer, nothing to do with ODE,
nothing to do with my pointers (after I'd fixed them). I was
overstepping the bounds of the vertex buffer because I hadn't cloned the
mesh into a new mesh with smaller FVF that only contained XYZ
components. Once I had done, and used the cloned mesh, it was fine.

Now I'm trying to pass all the information into
dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple in the same way as in the test code but I'm
getting a crash when I try to do so. Exactly the same appears to happen
with dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle when I try using that instead. When the
crash started, it produced a "Debug Assertion Failure in dbgdel.cpp
Line: 52"... whatever that is. But after googling I changed the runtime
library used for code generation to it's multithreaded version and that
stopped the debug assertion error, now it just crashes out upon calling
dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple or Single.

None of the parameters are null, and they're in the same format as in
the trimesh test code. Has anybody had similar trouble with
dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple and fixed it?

Cheers, Duncan