[ODE] Help using ODE with DirectX

Duncan Frostick duncanf at f2s.com
Wed Aug 25 00:17:49 MST 2004

Hi all, I'm trying to take meshes in directx format and add them to ODE
as trimeshes. The winding order has to be reversed, but that's trivial,
I'm having trouble copying the data in the vertex and index buffers of
the direct3d mesh and placing them into an ODE trimesh. To avoid a
lengthy explaination of my code and pointlessly complex question - my
question is simple, how did you transfer the vertex and index
information which is in direct3d FVF format from the mesh and into ODE?
I'm hoping there's someone on this list that has used DirectX and ODE
together before!

Cheers, Duncan

P.s. I had a look at Si Browns buggy test code as advised by the wiki,
but I couldn't see anything that would help me - I'm really bad at
interpreting other peoples software designs, especially when learning
this all for new.