[ODE] Custom Aircraft model - ODE Integration

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Aug 17 16:18:09 MST 2004

> What I would prefer to do is to let the flight dynamics code compute the
> position and orientation. Isn't this possible ?

Here's the simplest way to do it:

Once you have a desired flight position, orientation, velocity and angular velocity, you can calculate impulses that will bring the ODE body into the right spot or velocity (or some heuristic blend between the two). Apply that impulse to the ODE simulation, and ODE will follow your model, except it'll take into effect actual collisions.

Cheers,

			/ h+