[ODE] Custom Aircraft model - ODE Integration

Sergey Kurdakov k15c20 at zelmail.ru
Sat Aug 14 20:57:49 MST 2004

Hello Devrim,

> What I would prefer to do is to let the flight dynamics code compute the
> position and orientation. Isn't this possible ?

it is OK but as I understand you would need to extract from ode the generated contact forces and apply them into your position
computation then  feed back position of aircraft parts into  ode contacts computations routines   -
and it might be quite eveloved ( though possible)

 so

it is possible ( maybe in some other form -maybe in a form - add your code to compute aircraft position into ODe code ( checking if
the body is  your aircraft
and applying your computational methods if they significantly are different (oder of computaional method ?) )

but I think that it makes almost no sence as the physics is the same
and you could get position and rotation from the ode and use it  to compute derivative params nessesary for ex for the control part
of the aicraft dynamics computaional code.

so here the question is - what are the reasons that you would like to compute positions and rotations in your code and not in ode?

Regards
Sergey