[ODE] Custom Aircraft model - ODE Integration

Sergey Kurdakov k15c20 at zelmail.ru
Sat Aug 14 19:28:19 MST 2004

Hello Devrim,

>It generates its own forces,
> calculates its position, orientation and a lot more.

with ODe you need add your forces and give ode to compute position and orientation.

basically take any vehicle sample with ode which uses forces and follow it.
when things are clear you may better design the things ( such as how to pass forces ) etc..

as for colliding aircraft with terrain - see archives for details.

( just a note - I heard a rumor that lomac ( Lockon air modern combat)  game ( I worked with the team few years ago on aircraft
dynamics ;) ) will have an add on which will use ode  for dynamics )- so you are on the right way

Regards
Sergey