[ODE] Real contact forces (=weight distribution)

tt ode at thoemsen.ch
Thu Aug 12 13:10:43 MST 2004

Hi

I have a 6 wheeled vehicle with a passive suspension mechanism modeled
in ODE and I'd like to find the force distribution on each wheel to get
the normal forces at the contact and use them in a special wheel-ground
interaction model. Unfortunately, the contact forces available in ODE
are not what I'm looking for since they may be bigger or smaller than
the real weight on this contact due to the use of constraint modeling.
Does anybody have a solution to this problem? I didn't find anything in
the old postings, but saw that approx. 1 year ago somebody was trying to
implement pressure sensors on the feet of a walking robot, which seems
to cause the same problem.

Thanks for your help.

pura vida,
Thomas