[ODE] Terrain: collision test culling

johnmcTemp at netscape.net johnmcTemp at netscape.net
Mon Aug 9 16:10:51 MST 2004

Hi again,

Just would like to tie up some loose ends...
By the way, I just tried your static/dynamic spaces. Totally culls away the terrain colliding with itself, thank you...WOOT!! ;)

Hannes Norda <norda at customred.com> wrote:
>... As a note, I created both staticspace and
>dynamicspace in the same "rootspace". But you _shouldn't_ call
>dSpaceCollide on that rootspace.

What reaons for both static and dynamic being associated with a root space?
Is it required somehow, or benefit you?

>... Also, you cannot collide a quadspace with
>another space since dSpaceCollide2 isn't implemented for quadspaces.

I created two seperate root spaces, one for static, one for dynamic.
Here is the problem/BUG i found (excuse my text formatting):
Notes
- static world is terrain trimeshs
- dynamic world is a geom sphere with body

[static space type] [dynamic space type] [outcome of dSpaceCollide2(static, dynamic) collisions]
simplespace         simplespace          sphere collides correctly
simplespace         quadtreespace        *sphere falls through!*
quadtreespace       simplespace          sphere collides correctly
quadtreespace       quadtreespace        *sphere falls through!*
quadtreespace       hashspace            sphere collides correctly

Static space seems to be able to be anything.
Dynamic space can only be hash or simple, but not quadtree.
Is this suppose to happen?

Thank you so much,
john

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.