[ODE] dGeomTriMeshDataSet matrix format

Ian McMeans imcmeans at telus.net
Fri Aug 6 02:20:21 MST 2004

Excuse me if this is a commonq question - I tried to search for this, but
the ODE archives aren't searchable (or are they?), and CTRL-F on the thread
topics only takes you so far.

Anyway, so here's my question. In the ODE userguide, it explains how to use
dGeomTriMeshDataSet. However, it says this: " The transformation matrix is
the standard 4x4 homogeneous transform matrix, and the "DoubleArray" is the
standard flattened array of the 16 matrix values."

"Standard"? Since I don't actually know what this function does, I can't
really go on trial and error until I get it right. So I've got a quick
question - which standard is it? Is this correct? If not, can someone show
me the correct way to do this?

const dReal *rot = dBodyGetRotation(body);
const dReal *pos = dBodyGetPosition(body);
const double trans[16] = {rot[0], rot[1], rot[2], rot[3],
                                        rot[4], rot[5], rot[6], rot[7],
                                        rot[8], rot[9], rot[10], rot[11],
                                        pos[0], pos[1], pos[2], 1.0 };

Also, has this problem been fixed?
http://q12.org/pipermail/ode/2004-April/012101.html
Are we able to collide geoms which have the same trimesh data ID?