[ODE] Car Simulation(Lots of problems)

Tom Lowe tomlowe at kromestudios.com
Thu Aug 5 11:45:29 MST 2004

Also the front 2 wheels aren't parallel on cars when turning. Parallel front
wheels cause a bit of skid.

The hand waving math for front wheel angles is:
steering amount -> car path curvature
curvature = 1 / radius of circle that car follows
take line sideways from centre of back wheel axis along the axis out by the
radius (to the centre of the circle).
front wheel's are each perpendicular to the line from this centre to each
wheel.