[ODE] ODE: General Questions

Robson Ito agemaniac at yahoo.com.br
Tue Aug 3 23:00:48 MST 2004

Hi, him going to put ODE into my graphic engine and
need a little help and some information:

Is ODE good for large terrains? if so, is there any
kind off space partitioning when using large terrain.
I mean, if an object is about to collide with ground
for example, will it be tested with all the triangle
of terrain or there is an division that is automatic
made?

I have already the Mesh objects in my engine, so i
just want to update there orientation matrix. Is there
any callback that is called to the bodies that have
change his matrix?? I really dont like to go over all
objects updating the matrix if i just one body change
his position.

and finally. I will have to make a car. I already play
with the BUG demo, but found it not real. In truth its
far away from reality. Many developers have used ODE
to simulate cars, so my question is: is it easy to
simulate cars with just the HINGE2 joint, or do you
have to bother with the core of ODE. Im really in a
hurry, so i need something that can be done fast..thanks...