[ODE] Balance of torque

Gib Bogle bogle at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 3 09:23:31 MST 2004

I think I can now answer my own question (that was quick!).  It seems to
be a matter of the timestep size.  The period of revolution in the
current case is about 4 sec.  I thought that dt=0.01 would be small
enough, but I find that if I reduce it to dt=0.001 the ratio of the
torques becomes 40:39, and presumably reducing dt still further will
further reduce the discrepancy.

Gib