[ODE] Help needed

Umberto umbe.bax at libero.it
Fri Apr 30 17:55:16 MST 2004

At Friday 30/04/2004 05.19, you wrote:
>Firstly, the ode-bin archives are precompiled versions of ODE.
>If you get these then you don't need to compile ODE itself, you just need
>to compile your application and link to the supplied libraries.
>
>Which archive you want depends on what you want to do.
>The SINGLE and DOUBLE refers to whether it's compiled in single precision
>(float) or double precision mode.
>The debug bit means it's compiled with the debugging symbols, and the
>no/trimesh bit is whether or not it's got the trimesh collider compiled
>into it.

Ok. Just one (stupid) question:
I noticed there are single trimesh and double no-trimesh versions, but no
double trimesh. Why aren't there bin archives of double-trimesh version?

>When you're compiling you application (test =buggy, or whatever) you don't
>need to add anything from "C:\ode-040427\ode\src\" that's what's in the
>precompiled libraries that you downloaded.
>Just compile your source code and link it to the ODE library.
>Likewise for the drawstuff example graphics framework.
>
>Hope that makes sense.
>Cheers,
>Ed.

Hope I understood.

I unzipped ODE single trimesh version (in "c:\ode\")
I replaced the dirs added before in MSVC, with these ones:
"C\ode\lib\" to library dirs
"C\ode\include\" and "C\ode\OPCODE\" to include dirs

I created a new win32 application and added opengl32.lib and glu32.lib in
Object\Library modules of Project settings->Link (as before)
I compiled and built test_buggy.cpp, but I got 53 errors.

So I added also ode.lib and drawstuff.lib to the library modules as
opengl.lib and glu.lib. I built the project and this time I got only a
warning message (defaultlib "LIBC" conflicts with use of other libs; use
/NODEFAULTLIB:library)
I executed the .exe file and an error window appeared: "could not load
accelerators"
I added resource.res to the project, built it again and launched the .exe.
No errors this time.

I think I resolved all the problems... for the moment ;-)
Thank you very much

One last question
I'm having some problems with OpenGL drivers.
When, after build process ended, I launched the .exe, another error window
appeared: "could not create OpenGL context"

When (yesterday) I downloaded ODE library and executed the tests, I always
got that error message. So I re-installed video drivers and then all the
tests worked perfectly.
Today I have again the same problem, so I'm re-installing once again the
drivers.
Has anyone had that problem?

I have an Asus GeForce 2 Mx (with Asus drivers) and my OS is Windows 2000
service pack 4.
I think it could be the OpenGL driver included in the last win2000 service
pack (maybe too recent for my video card?)
Thanx again for the help
Bye

Umberto