[ODE] Pushing through collisions

Andrew Aye AndrewA at terminalreality.com
Fri Apr 30 08:53:25 MST 2004

    First, it is not always true when the center is pushed deep inside
    cylinder then the side is closer. Imagine when you have a flat
    cylinder with small size but large radius.
    Second,maybe I got the Nan thing you stated before. The depth
    normal is just switch right and left so the small sphere is stuck
    there.

This is slightly confusing.  Even in that example - the axis projection in
the cylindrical axis would have to be larger than the radial direction.  ie.
even if you were intersecting, for example, huge choclate chunks with a big
cookie - it would come up as an axis penetration so long as the distance
from the end of the cylinder to the bottom of the sphere was less than the
distannce from the end of the sphere to the radial limit.  The more likely
occurence with that type of example is that the sphere would tunnel through
the cylinder.  What cylindical collider are you using?

 - Andrew Aye