[ODE] Torque with a box?

Lou Herard louman6 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 22:07:21 MST 2004

A little background info:
I'm writing an app in which I have a hovercar with a Milkshape 3D
model-loaded trimesh for geometry, and a box approximation for of mass.  I'm
trying to apply a torque to it (for steering), the game calls
dBodyAddRelTorque), but it only seems to affect the z axis.  However, I want
to apply a torque so that the car rotates about its Y axis, because Y is up
in the world.

I'm new to ODE, so I don't really have a good idea of how to set up forces
and torque, or how to set up my body for toque/force calculations.  Is there
something I need to do?

-Lou