[ODE] proportional derivative controller

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Wed Apr 28 11:01:27 MST 2004

 > My main question is this: Can I simply call
 > dHingeAddTorque with the torque calculated above?

Yes, that's what I created it for.

 > Do you have any advice?

Standard debugging stuff.  Look at the values you're passing to
dHingeAddTorque just before/as it explodes.  Are they increasing?  Does
the increase cause the explosion or the other way around?

- Try limiting the difference in velocity, and/or the difference in
position, and/or a maximum overall torque.

- For the velocity difference: see if the torque, over the timestep,
would cause the joint to not only stop rotating, but start rotating the
other way.  If so, limit it to the amount needed to stop in one timestep.

Cheers,
Martin