[ODE] Why no __declspec(dllexport)

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Tue Apr 27 07:43:57 MST 2004

Because ODE_API would be non-null only on Windows, but would need to
appear on a wide range of functions.  For people working on other
platforms, this is a lot of unnecessary visual clutter.

It's essentially an attempt to stop Microsoft's bad design choices from
affecting programmers on other platforms.  Or windows programmers that
use static libs, for that matter.

- Martin