[ODE] dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple crashes in latest CVS

james at 6msoft.com james at 6msoft.com
Mon Apr 26 08:49:46 MST 2004

I posted about this previously (with the version posted on the 19th, now
im using the 21st), but I did a couple more tests, when I switch the
library to 0.39 with no code changes at all, the problem is resolved. Now
I don't need to use the latest CVS, but I thought it might be good to
figure out what is wrong.

data = dGeomTriMeshDataCreate();
dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple(data, pVerts, iNumVerts, (Int32 *)pTriangles,
iNumTriangles*3);
geom = dCreateTriMesh(0, data, 0, 0, 0);
dSpaceAdd(space, geom);

As far as I can tell, I am doing it by the book. The code works fine in
0.39, so this makes me rather confused, specially since no one else seems
to be having these problems. I know I am sending it valid memory (I use
the same data to render and do lighting).

Suggestions or fixes welcome.

-james