[ODE] ODE Logo

George Birbilis birbilis at kagi.com
Thu Apr 22 01:29:31 MST 2004

I also love the ODE logo (in fact looking at just the logo I got an idea
about what ODE is about and that it must be quite interesting - not usual
with other nice looking but saying nothing logos we kept seeing more and
more during the dot-com-bubble era)

however, you do need a set of extra smaller logos and icons too

for example adding a .ico at your website and a
  <LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" href="favicon.ico">
at the HEADER section of HTML pages makes that icon the web shortcut's icon
(used in favorites too). So once you add one of those pages to favorites
once, you then see that icon instead of the usual browser icon. This works
in IE6 on Windows and seems it will become a defacto standard, since more
and more sites use this pattern (the result is quite cool).

as for what say 16x16 or 32x32 icon ODE should have, not sure, maybe a gear
or some rotational joint forming a > (like a D letter). Quite hard to fit
something in such small size

plus, a www.ode.org or something would be nice too (plus wonder why it's not
ode.sourceforge.net and it's odede.sourcefoge.net instead since ODE seems to
be the short name that has been established eventually instead of OPENDE)