[ODE] Russ' plans for ODE?

Amund Børsand amund at offroad.no
Tue Apr 20 23:21:38 MST 2004

"gl" <gl at ntlworld.com> skreiv:

> What would everybody else like to see?

A simple load/save world command, and to my preference not including all
kinds of advanced XML and so on, just a simple (but cross platform,
cross accuracy) binary format.

Mesh/mesh collision, if possible and reasonably usable speed-wise.
Cylinder oriented the same way as CCylinder, and a somehow cleaned up
transform geom that's easier to use? And also properly implementing the
"new" collision geometries so that there are no bugs, and so they will
all collide with eachother.

When writing a GUI front-end it was a pain to have these as separate
functions instead of one for all types of joints (I don't know how the
ODE internals work, so maybe this is just silly, but I thought they all
do the same thing?)

void dJointSetHingeParam (dJointID, int parameter, dReal value);
void dJointSetSliderParam (dJointID, int parameter, dReal value);
void dJointSetHinge2Param (dJointID, int parameter, dReal value);
void dJointSetUniversalParam (dJointID, int parameter, dReal value);

And last, a differential joint! :) .. I think I have to implement this
myself, just don't know how or where to start...

--
Amund Børsand <amund £ offroad . no>