[ODE] Auto-Disabling?

Jani Laakso jani.laakso at itmill.com
Sat Apr 17 21:15:00 MST 2004

Marc Rochel wrote:

> So what's the status of autodis? Is it implemented or not? Perhaps it is
> implemented but it doesn't work correctly so we shouldn't use it? Perhaps
> it's only implemented a little bit? Can someone clarify this to me?

Auto disabling / enabling works.

See ode/test/test_crash.cpp example. After looking this file, you will
see how to use this feature.

In short, ODE automatically enables all disabled bodies that come in
contact with enabled bodies. But you have to take care of when to
disable bodies (programmatically).

You can disable bodies e.g. on cases when they move very little, disable
every body that has angular velocity < X and linear velocity < Y for N
steps. Tweak X,Y and N values yourself. Actually test_crash.cpp on CVS
head implements this in a single C function, see it yourself.

--
Jani Laakso / IT Mill Ltd | Tel. +358 40 5898086 | http://www.itmill.com