[ODE] Car Physics

DjArcas djarcas at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 13:38:10 MST 2004

> - It is 4WD. I would like (say) just RWD but makes the car move very
slowly
> and the front wheels just get pushed along, rather than rotate. I would
> ideally like to do arcade style rear-end power drifts!

Doing 'real' powerdrifts is extremely difficult. In MotoGP, Burnout and
Rally Fusion, FI, we just 'cheated' at that point. You've run into the
problem of 'I want cool, realistic, but not realistic physics'

If you're after arcadey handling, I would very much recommend NOT using 4
wheels and a box to attach them to - it's too realistic, but instead having
a box to handle collisions, and hang 4 graphical wheels from it.