[ODE] C++ Wrappers (Was: Four little things)

Matthew D. Hancher mdh at email.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 14 20:53:40 MST 2004

Okay, I finally had a minute to look at this in detail.  In addition
to trimesh support, the C++ wrappers are currently missing the dRay
geom class and the dGeom::getSpace() function.  Two other thoughts:

Evidently a decision was made to not C++-ify dMass.  Is there a reason for
this, other than the fact that you cant just do it from within odecpp.h?

I note that (for instance) dBody::getJoint() returns a dJointID rather
a dJoint or dJoint*.  Since the sole and only element of class dJoint
is a dJointID, and since the class is concrete (in the sense of no
vtbl), why not have that function return a dJoint that is obtained by
sneakily casting the result of dBodyGetJoint(), and so forth?  That
way users of the C++ interface would never have to deal with dFooIDs
at all, which seems like the point.

I'll admit to not having thought that last suggestion through completely
yet; I'm going to go ponder it some more over dinner.

mdh

Matt Hancher
NASA Ames Research Center
Official: mdh at email.arc.nasa.gov