[ODE] Changes required to compile libode.so...

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Mon Apr 12 14:23:33 MST 2004

> ODE isn't *quite* pure-C-clean but I'm not sure why.  You can
> harmlessly solve this problem by making a dummy __cxa_pure_virtual()
> function in your program (ugh!).

it used to be C-clean before the arrival of gcc 3.x - then gcc started
requiring more external symbols for c++ support infrastructure. a nice
little project for somebody would be to identify all these symbols and
make sure that the ODE lib had weak definitions of them. this is one of
those totally non-portable things that make cross platform development
so entertaining.

russ.

--
Russell Smith