[ODE] documentation initiative

Shaul Kedem shaul_kedem at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 11:55:18 MST 2004

Russ,
 As far as I know there is no way in hell we could use
different compilers than the one the end user uses
(for example, using cross-platform gcc with intel's
compiler, or even msvc 7.0 will end up badly),
moreover, if the time will come for a C++ wrapper it
will be practically impossible to map between how one
compiler does its name mangling with the other.

 I suggest droping this and simply building a better
method of operation, for example, if everybody are so
keen on dlls, give them a stand alone project which
creates the dll from a batch file (nmake and cl can be
ran from an msvc makefile, without the need for a
project), not to say gl hasn't done a great job (you
might recall I've been up a couple of nights to check
his project as well).

oh- and check cmake.org, it's a cross platfrom
makefile (and msvc projects) creator, free and open.

 3 bits from me (.5 a bit is impossible, i think)

Shaul