[ODE] Memory fault with too many simultaneous collisions?

Megan Fox shalinor at circustent.us
Mon Apr 12 11:03:50 MST 2004

Is there by any chance any particular known bug in ODE that would cause a
memory fault when the simultaneous collision count spikes?  The only real
way I can reproduce it is to spawn 7 stacks of 3 blocks apiece roughly 3-4
times over at the same location (with each stack being within 0.4 or so of
the next in a straight line), making it a rare crash at best, but I want to
verify this isn't a bug in my own code indicative of improper ODE usage
(that's going to come back and bite me later on).

I'm using a max of 3 contact joints per collision, static fricition is at
dInfinity/2 in both fricition directions on all objects, and most every
other setting is at the default.  This crash occurs when using Step() with a
stepsize of 0.01.

Thanks,
-Megan Fox