[ODE] documentation initiative

gl gl at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 12 17:36:57 MST 2004

(copying to the list to clear this up for anyone else having problems).

> Not particularly, other than there was a heap of linking errors that
> wouldn't resolve until I added a link command to remove libcmtd (if I
recall
> correctly).  I believe it still had some strange crashing even after that.
> I would rather not break everything again to reproduce the bug :/

Sounds to me like a standard runtime library conflict.  On VC, as you may
know, you need to make sure that all parts of the final app are compiled
with the same runtime library (single/multithreaded/multithreaded DLL).  I
think you just needed to change the libraries in all the workspaces to
match.

Note that this is a standard VC issue, and not specific to ODE (or my
workspace).  I will mention this in the next ReadMe file though.

> If you check out recent list posts, there was someone else having issues
> with VC6 who posed their errors - mine were similar, if not identical.  In
> both of our cases, we just used the makefile.

Indeed, and I gave him the answer (several times ; ).
--
gl