[ODE] OPCODE segfault

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Mon Apr 12 16:47:30 MST 2004

Am Mon, 12 Apr 2004 00:38:39 +0200 schrieb Andreas Volz:

> Do you think this is a problem specific to OPCODE or should I search
> the problem in my applications code?

I tried to get it work for hours, but it doesn't work correct. There are
also some segfaults with VC++ but not very often. But same source
compiled with mingw gcc on Windows segfaults very often and produce some
freaky results.

My application has some robots and they aren't controlled at the moment.
They are only placed and wait there. e.g.:

Team1.Robot2XPos: -1603
Team1.Robot2YPos: -5
Team1.Robot2MoveAngle: -1.00
Team1.Robot2Speed: -1.00
Team1.Robot2LookAngle: 0.23 (Method: 0)
Team1.Robot2ID: 2 (Method: 0)

Then some seconds later this message is printed:

ODE Message 3: LCP internal error, s <= 0 (s=1.#QNBe+000)

And then see same robot next frame:

Team1.Robot2XPos: -2147483648
Team1.Robot2YPos: -2147483648
Team1.Robot2MoveAngle: -1.00
Team1.Robot2Speed: -1.00
Team1.Robot2LookAngle: 0.00 (Method: 0)
Team1.Robot2ID: 2 (Method: 0)

There is no application code that changes the position, so what happened
there? Where should I start to search the problem? Why does "LCP
internal error" occurre? What is "s"? Did I made a programming mistake?

If you like I could post application code here or give you a pointer to
the whole code. Please help me.

thanks
Andreas