[ODE] documentation initiative

Robert Rose rose at cafwap.net
Sun Apr 11 22:22:50 MST 2004

On Sunday, April 11, 2004, at 07:59  PM, Mike Wuetherick wrote:

> if i can't just open a project or workspace, point the compiler at the
> proper includes & lib files then something is wrong with how the
> project is built.
>
> the whole 'config.h' setup and cryptic build process is a MAJOR source
> of the problems with ODE, and as was pointed out previously, getting
> rid of the whole 'prebuild' steps, etc will remove a lot of the
> 'getting started' issues that are present.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I think this whole
"initial setup / configuration" problem could simply be bypassed if
binaries for ODE were released on the ODE website.  All someone would
need to do is download a lib file and the headers and they'd be good to
go..

I agree with the points a lot of people have made--getting ODE up and
running is the hardest part of figuring ODE out.  It's something I've
done only once, and I will probably never need to do again.  Someone
should just upload binaries for ODE and be done with this issue.

-robert