[ODE] documentation initiative

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sun Apr 11 20:39:22 MST 2004

> i know i'm not the guru that most of you guys seem to be,
> programming-wise, but i'm also not unfamiliar with setting up and
> integrating other libraries.  ode is the ONLY one i've run into this
> situation with.
>
> just my 2 1/2 bits.

The problem, I think, is that nobody here is a guru on *all* of the
platforms needed to maintain the ODE build process.  This wouldn't be an
issue if there were completely-separate processes tailored to each supported
platform.  One person could volunteer to be the Linux maintainer, another
the Mac OS X maintainer, another the PS2 or Xbox maintainer, and another the
Windows maintainer.  As things stand, all of the current and future ODE
platforms are held hostage to a common link (configurator.c).

Something to think about before moving on to ODE 1.00, at any rate.

-- john